I am going to Edmonton for a HUGE downline meeting. My upline(6 times) has an annual meeting to encourage and motivate her team. This is the second year I will be going. Last year was my first time, and I gotta say - IT WAS BETTER THAN REGIONALS! I learned WAY more there than I got out of Regionals, so it was not a question if I would go again this year. I am in an organized swap there, and so I needed something to put all my projects and cards in. I found a box at the Sally Anne for $1, so I decided to alter it.
I covered the box with the new Outlaw DP, as well as the letters, using sticky strip. The "p", though is covered with close to cocoa CS. They are all chipboard and came from the Lots of Letters collection. I then sanded all the edges with my sanding block, and then added embellies to them. The "s" got 2 ribbon tabs (Jody's ribbon swap), the "w" got the glitter, and the "p" got some more ribbon. I also ran the ribbon on the seam of the 2 papers, to cover it up. I stamped my name on vanilla in rust using my snap stamps, sponging all over it. The photo tab is a tip I have for you and the flowers from the pretties kit were colored with markers.
First the photo tab : You can see I punched out a letter "a", and took out the center. It is the perfect shape for a photo tab, as are quite a few other letter centers! The crop-a-dile *WOW - what an awesome tool* punches holes through it without a problem, for you to add a brads and attach it to any project. You can cover it with any type of paper, or even emboss it for a metallic finish. On the above project, I just covered it with really rust ink, before attaching it with a $1 store brad. I used the crop-a-dile *WOW - what an awesome tool* to punch the hole in the box, as well. That thing went through like a knife slicing air, nothing to it!
Next, the Pretties : Yep, it is this easy to color these things! It looks dark when it goes on, but it dries lighter, and doesn't leave streaks. I colored 2 with the rust marker and 1 with the so saffron marker. I attached them to the box with glue dots and crystal effects. Next time, though, I will NOT use the CE. It made the ink run on the flowers. I covered up most of it with the halfback vanilla pearl, but I have learned my lesson.
You can also color them by smoosching (technical term) into the tops of your ink pads, but this is a whole lot less messy. Also with the markers, you can low light the centers, like I did on this card, and I think that would be almost impossible on the ink pads.
This is the box from the front. I made my mother proud and lined up the stripes like she used to do with wallpaper. Man, you would walk into a room that she did and could NOT see where the edges from each piece were, she could match them perfectly! I also used hodge podge to add my name to the front, again using the crop-a-dile *WOW- what an awesome tool* to punch the holes for the brads.
Hop you enjoyed my tips and the altered project. Have fun and happy stamping!!