Sorry this has taken so long to get posted today. I woke up this morning with the most painful ear, and it was the ear I can hear with. To me that is a huge deal, so I went to the doctor. I figured it was an infection, and I was right, but I haven't had one that needed meds since I was a kid! Well, I should be good to go in about 3 days pain-wise, so I guess that means more stamping time...hehehe.
I totally did not know that Gina was going to post a tutorial on piecing, and so I did one. Now that it is all done, it seems a waste to delete everything, so here it is. I also did include masking with it, so it's all good!
Now, I have made a mask for my first dress and stamped over top, to make it look like the other 2 dresses are on the background. I use the Eclipse Tape Roll from All That Scraps for my masking. It is perfect, since it has a stronger tack that post-it notes, but it comes off just the same. You can re-use it over and over, so I never throw the mask away until it stops sticking. When I am cutting my mask, I always cut JUST INSIDE the lines, so that there is no blank areas when you stamp over the paper.
Remove your mask, and cut out the dresses on the DP. Glue them onto the stamped image that you want to cover. It is literally that easy, but it gives and awesome look to the card! Here is what the images looked like before I covered them, click on it for a larger view.
Now on to the final result. As soon as I saw the set, I thought of a store front, and so I wanted to recreate that on the card. I think it worked out pretty good!
I stamped the sentiment from the set Retro Boutique across the bottom in black. I then matted the image panel on to the black CS and added 2 strips of CS to be the window panes. I took another piece of CS and scalloped the bottom with my corner rounder punch - I can hardly wait for my new scallop punch from Stampin' Up! to get here!!! I added the sentiment with ruby brads, and then glued it to the back. I folded it down, and added some dimensionals to the underside to keep it popped out like an awning.
I used pretty in pink CS for the base that had ink added to the edges with a stipple brush. I wanted to go for a Basic Grey distressed feel, to go with the DP I used. Then everything was matted on the 5 X 5 black card base.
I think it totally looks like you are looking into a store window! Hope this helps you out, have fun and happy stamping!!